2018 EAS Awards
Each year the Eastern Analytical Symposium honors Analytical Chemists who have distinguished career achievements. The recipients of these awards advanced these fields by superior work in developing theory, techniques or instrumentation.
At the 2018 Symposium scientists in six areas of endeavor, will be presented awards.
- EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in the Fields of Analytical Chemistry:
Prof. Linda McGown, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Separation Science:
Mr. Christopher Pohl, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Vibrational Spectroscopy:
Prof. Stephen Cramer, University of California-Davis
- EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Magnetic Resonance:
Prof. Clare Grey, University of Cambridge
- EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Mass Spectrometry:
Prof. Yinsheng Wang, University of California-Riverside
- EAS Young Investigator Award:
Prof. Kerri Pratt, University of Michigan
In 2018 two other awards will be presented at the Annual Symposium in November under the auspices of the presenting organizations: click on award name for awardee’s bio
- American Microchemical Society Benedetti-Pichler Award:
To be announced
- New York Section of the Society for Applied Spectroscopy Gold Medal Award:
To be announced
EAS Awards are selected by independent juries of experts in these respective fields from nominations received by the Award Committee from the scientific community at large or by the jury members. Each award consists of an honorarium, travel expenses to EAS, a plaque, and the opportunity for the Awardee to present his or her work at EAS at an Award Symposium in his/her honor.
Persons wishing to make a nomination for any of the awards given by EAS should send complete documentation of the candidate (nominating letter summarizing achievements, curriculum vita or resume, a statement of the nominee’s willingness to present an address as part of an EAS Award Symposium, and arrange for at least one seconding letter) electronically (single PDF file is preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The length of the nomination packet should be commensurate with the nominee’s accomplishments, but should be limited to six to eight pages. The deadline for 2019 award nominations for all awards is September 1, 2018.
2018 Awards Chair